Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fried Egg with Tomatoes and Cheese


This morning I was trying to decide on something different to give Bambino for breakfast. She normally eats sheera (an Indian dish made of cream of wheat, I'll share it soon) with bananas and raisins, but I decided to stray from the norm and make eggs. Bambino is very fickle when it comes to eggs. Some days she loves an egg sandwich and on other days she purses her lips and blinks her eyes at the very sight of an egg.I thought maybe today would be an egg day with some cheese and tomatoes. Now cheese and tomatoes she loves.

Well, after three bites that properly went down, bite four was spit out into a bowl with such anger and then she tossed the bowl on the floor where the spit out egg spilled onto the floor. This then led to a one minute time out where Bambino was attempting to use her cuteness to get out of the time out, but I did not give in. Breakfast then concluded with vanilla yogurt mixed with fresh cherries that was forced down while watching Sid the Science Kid. And of course, two hours later she was hungry.

Since I don't like eggs, I chose not to eat the breakfast, so I can't tell you how it tasted, but I often make this for Hubby sans the tomatoes and he loves it.

No actual recipe for this one, just made it up on the spot.

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 slice of cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
2 slices of tomato (I used roma)
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Using a non stick pan (which I always spray with PAM cooking spray), place olive oil in pan and turn heat to medium high. Crack egg into pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once egg appears cooked, using a spatula flip over. Place both slices of tomato on egg and then place cheese on top. Cook for another 5-6 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.

You can also place this on bread or an English muffin and make a sandwich out of it.

Amateur difficulty cooking scale: 1
This was extremely easy to make! Not much time or effort at all. Too bad Bambino didn't like it, but at least it's something easy to make for Hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment