Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cinnamon Candied Cashew and Chocolate Chip Cookies


So I did it. Russell @ chasingdelicious.com, as amazing as your cinnamon candied cashews were on their own, I was dying to find out how they would taste in the cookies. And you were right, they sure were amazing! They are different than your run of the mill cookie because instead of all purpose flour, it called for bread flour and cake flour, something I had never seen before in a cookie. I thought they would be very light and fluffy, but they were not. They were actually flat and hard, unlike other cookies I make, but it still tasted oh so good!

I usually only make oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip cookies because we love them so. I made chocolate chocolate chip cookies once, which was great, but a little overdone on the chocolate for me. I have yet to come across another cookie that was a heavy rotation cookie, but this one just may be the one!

The three of us all loved the cookie...err Hubby and I loved it. We finished the cookies before Bambino got a chance to try any. Horrible parents, I know. The only thing I will change next time (oh there will be a next time) is to add more cashews. I was skimpy on the cashews because I liked eating them on their own, but the cookie was definitely in need for more of the crunch of the cashew.

Click here for the link to the original recipe (I doubled the recipe because I wanted more cookies!)

Ingredients
4 oz butter at room temperature (Or 1/2 cup vegetable oil. To cut back on oil, I used about 1/4 cup oil. I always use oil in replace of butter)
3 oz granulated sugar
3 oz brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 oz cake flour
2 oz bread flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 oz chocolate chips
5 oz cinnamon candied cashews

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease two baking sheets.

2. Cream together sugars and butter/oil.

3. Add egg and vanilla and mix.

4. In a separate bowl, sift the flours, baking soda and salt. Add in cinnamon. Fold into sugar mixture.

5. Add the chocolate chips and candied cashews until evently mixed.

6. Spoon the dough onto the greased cookie sheets to the size of your choosing. (Or make a cookie cake, why not?!) Bake 8-11 minutes until golden.

7. Cool and devour!

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 5
This one does take some time because you have to make the candied cashews in advance, but you could easily use any type of cashews, but the candied cashews are what make this cookie. Also, I had to convert from oz to how much of a cup, but thankfully in my pantry I had a measuring cup that has measurements in ounces, hooray!

Definitely going to make it again!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantatsic idea.Gald you tried it out and it turned delicious..now it's our turn;))

    ReplyDelete