Friday, October 7, 2011

Roasted Cauliflower with Paprika


This one is another recipe I found in the Martha Stewart quick cooking book I got from the library. I know I've said on numerous occasions that I've found that in these quick cooking recipes it's hard for flavors to build up, but with roasting vegetables as long as you have olive oil, salt and pepper you're good to go!

I chose to make this recipe after perusing through the book because it reminded me of a cauliflower dish my father gets from his favorite Middle Eastern eatery. (A place that no one in the family likes to frequent with him because it's very greasy, but he's always trying to convince us to go. Sorry, Dad.) It's very oily, but I remember it to be pretty good. I don't cook too much with cauliflower but I am a fan of it. I once made pureed cauliflower (Or faux mashed potatoes, if I may) and they were not a big hit with Hubby, but Bambino and I appreciated it. I don't often make side dishes since I tend to make one pot dishes, but I figured I would try something new.

The dish came out pretty good. I liked it and Bambino willingly ate a few bites and kept it in her mouth. I did not give any to Hubby (I don't think he even knows I made this dish) because I know of his distaste of the white vegetable. I did find it to be a bit oily (so Dad would probably love it since it's reminiscent of his favorite restaurant!) so if I make it again I'll cut back on the olive oil.

I could not find the link to this recipe, but it is from Everyday Food: From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living.

Ingredients
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and broken into small florets
2 tablespoons olive oil (This was waaay too much! I would cut by 1/2.)
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
salt and pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place cauliflower in a bowl and add olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to coat.

2. Lay out cauliflower on greased baking dish.

3.Roast cauliflower until tender and brown, 20-25 minutes tossing halfway through.

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 2
This is such a simple side dish to make. 1 head of cauliflower didn't make too much, so if you have many people you may want to make more.

I may make this again. I really enjoyed it and it didn't take much time to do at all. It's a great change to the usual vegetables I cook with.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious, what a great recipe! Love your blog and so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete