Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snickers Cheesecake

This is what happens when people gobble up the cheesecake before you have a chance to take the photo!

This past weekend was another lunch at my parents house and so when my mom asked for ideas for desserts, I told her I would make a cheesecake. Last year for Thanksgiving I made a pumpkin cheesecake and it wasn't too difficult, but Hubby said it just tasted like pumpkin pie. Thanks. So I was anxious to try making a cheesecake again.  I like me some cheesecake, but in small doses. The cream cheese and heavy cream just gets to be a little unsettling in my stomach when I eat large quantities, so couple of bites is all I need. I also prefer a cheesecake that has some pizzazz to it. Just plain cheesecake doesn't do it, it needs some crunch to it, which is why I chose to make a Snicker's cheesecake.

The only place I have had Snicker's cheesecake is at Cheesecake Factory. That's really the only place I've consumed cheesecake and the only cheesecake I like. Now, you may say that if I tried the cheesecake elsewhere I may like it as much, but no. I reserve any cheesecake consumption for the Cheesecake Factory, I mean, isn't that their specialty? 

So when I was looking for recipes for Snicker's cheesecake recipes I looked up the Cheesecake Factory's recipe. Now I don't know how close this recipe is to the original, but I decided to at least conform to the knockout in  hopes of achieving the greatness that is that Snicker's Cheesecake. But I exaggerate. 

The recipe was a big hit. As seen by the photo, I didn't even get to take a picture before it was devoured! Bambino enjoyed it as well. My mother gave her a small piece of cheesecake and then some yogurt for the rest of her snack and when the yogurt came into her mouth  the look on her face was like that of a child forced to eat brussel sprouts wrapped in sardines, and she loves yogurt! 

My only problem was that I didn't have a springform pan and thus it ended up making 2 1/2 cheesecakes in pie pans. Next time I make this, I will take the plunge and buy the springform pan!

Click here for the original recipe. (I didn't change a thing for the recipe, except using pie pans. Big mistake)

Ingredients
1 package (9ounces) of chocolate wafer cookies
4 tablespoons butter melted
3 packages (8oz) of cream cheese softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 lbs snack-size Snicker's, cut into sixths

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2. In a food processor, grind cookies into crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until blended.

3. Press cookie crumb mixture into bottom of springform pan coming up 1 inch up the sides.

4. In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer about 1-2 minutes. 

5. Beat in eggs one at a time.

6. Beat in vanilla and 1 cup of cream, mix 3-4 minutes.

7. Fold in 1 1/2 cups of the chopped Snicker's.

8. Pour mixture into crumb lined pan. 

9. Bake 1 hour and 15-25 minutes until cheesecake is settled on the sides and jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature. If desired, sprinkle the rest of the Snicker's on top. (I did not do this.)

10. Refrigerate at least 4-5 hours. Before serving, run a knife around the edges and remove springform side of pan.

11. Whip remaining 1 cup of cream and serve atop cheesecake

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 4
I know there are many steps to this recipe, but it's truly not too difficult to do at all. From someone who does a lot of baking, it's not much harder than other baked goods.

This is a perfect dish to bring to holiday parties. While no it is not a healthy dish, it's one of those that just isn't worth making low fat and doesn't hurt to indulge in small doses.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky they left u some;)) Yes we bloggers have hard time;))

    ReplyDelete