Friday, November 18, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread


Ok folks, here's a really, really simple one for you. If you own a bread machine.

I inherited my bread machine from my mother last year. It's gotten quite a bit of use, I must say. I love the fact that all you have to do is throw in the ingredients, push ON and voila, the bread is done. Well, four hours later that is. Cinnamon Raisin Bread is one of the first recipes I made when I got the bread machine. I recall seeing this recipe in the owner's manual, but for some reason that recipe wasn't good enough for me and I ended up going online and finding a Betty Crocker recipe that I liked better. The results were great, warm and sweet, but not too sweet, yum!

The only problem with the bread is that since there are no preservatives, it only tastes fresh for about a day, and after that you have to refrigerate it and then toast it for it to taste good. It's great to make if you have a big family or if you're having guests over for brunch, because then you know it will be consumed!

I made cinnamon raisin bread this past week because I was looking for some variety to feed Bambino. The results were good, but of course too much. I ended up giving a heaping helping to my mom who said she would freeze it and then take out a piece at a time and toast it and eat it with her tea. Genius! Freeze the abundant leftovers if you don't finish it! Just make sure you don't leave it sitting out past a day or the green monster will arrive, fungus not jealousy.

Click here for the original recipe

Ingredients
1 cup water
2 tablespoons margarine (I used olive oil)
3 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
3/4 cup raisins

Directions
1. Place all ingredients except raisins in bread machine pan.

2. Select Sweet or Basic Cycle and Medium or Light crust color.

3. Add in raisins at the raisin/nut signal. (It should chime.)

4. Once bread is complete, cool and remove from machine.

5. Enjoy!

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 1
Seriously, it doesn't get easier than this. Go make this. If you don't own a bread machine, collect your Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons and keep an eye on those Holiday sales, it's well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment