Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes


My father informed me that I hadn't posted anything new on the blog in awhile. Oh, I hadn't, so that didn't sneak past anyone, hmm? I just haven't been in the mood for cooking new things, and as I was telling him this I also was explaining to my mom (yes, I speak to them on speaker phone) how I was going to use the entire egg instead of egg whites in the chicken parmesean recipe I was making since it was the first time making it and I wanted to stick to the exact recipe. Oops, so I am making new recipes. Ok, so I haven't been in the mood to blog? Yes, that's it, I've just been too lazy. I've had to explain myself to all five of my readers this past week on why I haven't blogged, so I figured let me just post something simple I made last week which turned out scrumptious.

When Bambino woke up one morning last week I was in the mood for mixing it up and making something different. Chocolate chip banana pancakes, why not?! (Because I had all the ingredients on hand, that's why.)  I wasn't sure if it actually existed, so I searched the Internet and found many a recipes for chocolate chip banana pancakes.

Luckily, it was quick and easy to make because as soon as Bambino is dressed in the morning she is ready for breakfast and the Cutie I sliced for her kept her satiated for only so long. The results were a hit, Bambino loved it! Hubby even ate some before work and he usually never strays from his habitual Yoplait yogurt cup in the morning! He even noshed on the cold pancakes the next day until there were none left.

Go make this. Good. Easy. Yummy.

Click here for the original recipe. (I halved the recipe to make less pancakes.)

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter (I used vegetable oil instead)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 large banana (I suggest mashing it so that the banana flavor goes throughout the pancake)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Throw in some nuts too, yummy stuff!

Directions
1. Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium heat. (Or heat a griddle to 375 degrees and spray with vegetable oil.)

2. Beat eggs with a whisk. Add in rest of ingredients except bananas and chocolate chips and beat until smooth.

3. Add in chocolate chips and banana and then nuts also if you dare!

4. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and heat until it starts to puff and dry on the edges (you will see small holes in the pancakes) then flip and cook until browned on each side.

5. Serve and consume! Hubby said it didn't need any syrup, tasted good the way it was. Bambino also ate it as was. I suppose you could add some whip cream to it if you'd like.

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 2
Seriously, this is easy. Between the thought of making this and having it served on the table was only a 15 minute time lapse. It was easy and oh so good. I'll probably be making this again this weekend while Hubby is home for the New Years holiday. Yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment