Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Easy French Toast


So I was looking for something new to make for Bambino's breakfast. She often eats oatmeal with fresh bananas, brown sugar and cinnamon, but recently it seems that she's over her usual breakfast. I had recalled her recently enjoying french toast for a breakfast when we had gone out of town and she seemed to enjoy it. (This was after eating her usual bowl of oatmeal.) So I thought I'd make french toast.

I had made Bambino french toast a couple of times in the past and she was very fickle about it, sometimes she liked it other times she did not. Since most recently she enjoyed it at a restaurant, I thought I would try again (Then again don't we always like restaurant food better then home food?). I looked up recipes and it's truly simple to make! Just whisk together some egg, milk and cinnamon, dip in the bread, cook it on the pan and voila! French toast at your service!

I didn't have any syrup, and didn't really want to douse the bread in syrup, so just sprinkled some powdered sugar on it. I also cut up some banana on the side and with each bite would give Bambino bread with some banana and she loved it! She kept pointing to the bread for more before she even finished her bite!

I'll definitely be keeping this recipe around since it was simple to make and had a great response from Bambino! This recipe also makes enough for two pieces of bread so I saved the second piece in the fridge and the next day I melted a tad bit of margarine on the pan and heated the toast on both sides and it came out just like fresh french toast!

Click here for the original recipe.

Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/8 ground cinnamon
2 slices bread (I used 12 grain bread)
cooking spray

Directions
1. Whisk together egg, milk and cinnamon.

2. Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place on medium heat.

3. Dip bread in egg mixture for 20 seconds on each side until completely coated. Place on non-stick skillet and cook on both sides until browned.

4. Serve with powdered sugar, honey, syrup or whatever you prefer!

Amateur Cooking Difficulty Scale: 1
No need to venture to the frozen food aisle to buy french toast, this is truly simple to do. Doesn't take much work at all, but you may have a few dishes to wash, but just stick them in the dishwasher and call it a day!

Make this for breakfast tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment