Friday, February 8, 2013

Thank You, Bob Harper: Pure Burn Super Strength Workout


I just finished Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength Workout and my arms are killing me! This isn't a new workout of mine, I've had this DVD since about August, but since it's a 65 minute workout it's not exactly in heavy rotation. I usually stick to the 50 minute workouts, but Bambino woke up at 5am for a feed and went back to bed which means I had until about 7am until both kids will awake so I thought I'd usurp the chance at a longer workout.

Sweating swine cartoon characterThis DVD doesn't really have much cardio, just strength training and while I'm not dripping in sweat like a pig waiting it's turn in the slaughtering line (Do pigs really sweat?.), my arms are in such pain! The workout works the abs too, but nowhere near the extent as the arms.

The drawback is that it doesn't work the legs too much, but I do so many other cardio DVDs that are splattered with lunges and squats and every variation of the two that taking a day off to focus on arms is something I should do much more often. That and the fact that since I'm on my feet for a lot of the day my legs get a workout on the regular.

I need to remember that even though I don't have 65 minutes on the regular to do this DVD, I should still do 40 to 50 minutes of it when I can just to work the arms. Professional athletes always work to ensure that all their muscles get an equal workout. Now, I'm far from a professional athlete, I'm not even an amateur athlete since athlete next to my name is a joke, but in order to stay in shape I do need to keep it equal.

Wait, wait wait. As I'm sitting here typing this my legs are getting sore. I stand corrected. Or this could be soreness from taking the kids on a walk the other day, pushing two kids(or 65lbs) in a double stroller, now that's a workout.

Anyways, just wanted to give a big shout out to BH, thanks for the workout this morning!

Images
http://www.cincinnatilibrary.org/pubs/elinks/201004/

No comments:

Post a Comment